Senior Manager of Youth Services
The Senior Manager of Youth Services is responsible for the coordination of many of the programs run by the Youth Department, including Club J Afterschool program, Kid’s Club, Kid’s Night Out, Enrichment Classes and PM Care for all Shemesh Camp at The J programs. The Senior Manager is also expected to assist with all family programs, break camps and other youth programs where needed.
Duties Include, but are not limited to;
- Coordinate and implement innovative, creative JCC programs for children according to trends and needs in our community.
- Plan, implement and supervise all Club J activities, ensuring a well-rounded, engaging and innovative experience.
- Hire and supervise all Club J staff.
- Supervise the Youth Coordinator. Closely monitor all birthday parties and additional responsibilities assigned to the YC.
- Oversee the Youth Theater Department and work closely with the Office Manager who will oversee all theater administrative tasks.
- Hire all needed staff for Kid’s Club, drop off babysitting program. Oversee the scheduling, training and ongoing success of all staff. Identify areas where security needs to be addressed and maintain parent satisfaction.
- Create, implement and supervise Kid’s Night out Saturday Night programs. Provide opportunities for our community to come together for innovative and fun programming.
- Create and implement at least 6-8 enrichment classes a session to offer exciting new opportunities to our membership and community.
- Work with the Director of Youth & Camping to create and implement all PM Care programming for Holiday Camps and Shemesh Camp at The J.
- Develop and maintain youth programs and center-wide activities to ensure participation, positive membership growth and sustainability and add value to JCC membership.
- Coordinate marketing efforts to ensure enrollment and participation in programs. This entails coordination with the JCC Marketing Department and Welcome Desk to include posters, and flyers, ensure that the information is appealing, and distributed on-time. Also, to be able to write articles and provide detailed information for public relations / marketing purposes.
- Maintain accurate administrative records and budgets, and ensure that each all Youth program activities are coordinated with overall agency schedules, calendars, and promotional efforts. Each program should have its own budget.
- Ensure timely evaluations of all Youth programs through program participant feedback forms and surveys. Share reports with committees and be able to make programmatic changes when necessary.
- Hire, train, supervise, and monitor/evaluate the quality and progress of staff, ensuring that progress is made towards annual goals.
- Maintain and submit appropriate records and/or reports when needed, and also explore and develop grant opportunities. Ensure compliance with district, state and federal guidelines, requirements, and laws.
- Represent the JCC as a positive role model to others both within and outside the JCC while always striving to achieve the highest quality of customer service to all individuals and groups.
- Supervise the care, security and maintenance of the JCC facility, equipment, supplies, and resources and ensure that all areas are clean and appropriate.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the Jewish Culture, values and traditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Record of increased responsibility and success in program development, supervision and management with a JCC or Jewish community setting.
- 3-5 years of experience in children department programming.
- Knowledgeable of Jewish culture, traditions and celebrations.
- Supervisory, program administration and budgetary experience.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written presentations.
Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred in social services, social work, or an applicable field.
To apply for this position, please fill out and submit this form.