Senior Development Associate – NowGen Phoenix
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Duties
The Senior Development Associate will be responsible for the development and engagement of the young adult Jewish community in Phoenix. The Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix has developed an innovative model of engagement aimed at young adults between the ages of 21-45, and this position involves continuing to and strengthen the program. The Senior Development Associate is a key leadership professional who will take NowGen Phoenix to the next level.
Key Areas of Responsibility
NowGen (young adults ages 21-45)
- Direct the overall NowGen Phoenix operational and strategic plan (inclusive of outreach, engagement, and leadership development) with the goal of connecting NowGen constituents to the Jewish community and each other.
- Manage budgets for fundraising revenue and expenses.
- Supervise NowGen Board development and related board tasks.
- Represent NowGen at local events and national conferences, conduct presentations to the broader community, and hold one on one meetings to share the NowGen PHOENIX strategy, develop key communal relationships, and make the case for change and increased funding.
- Support and/or oversee marketing efforts for NowGen including social media, digital marketing, development of collateral materials, writing press releases, etc. in partnership with the Marketing department.
- Track attendance and engagement at events.
- Manage event logistics in partnership with lay leaders, ensuring strong communication/planning prior to event and visible branding and smooth execution at events.
- Create new programs and services as needed to address the growing needs of the young adult community as well as support existing programs.
- Develop and support relationships with potential donors and funders of NowGen PHOENIX initiatives and the Jewish Federation’s Campaign.
Work collaboratively with other departments of the Federation in support of the Federation’s overarching mission, including outreach, engagement, and fundraising.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Strong organization and time management skills, including the ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and maintain a high level of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently as well as in team environment, and be detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to meet, greet, and educate people with confidence and poise.
- Experience working with operational and strategic plans, goal setting and hitting milestones.
- Knowledge of Jewish community.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
- Ability to engage young adults to join and participate in NowGen Phoenix events and encourage their involvement in leadership roles. Prior successes working in the NowGen/young adult sphere a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills.
- Diplomacy, drive, along with a sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Areas of discipline: Jewish communal professional, marketing, event planning, and management, or related fields.
- Minimum of three-four years of experience in leadership roles at Jewish communal institutions (or equivalent experience in a different sector).
Working Conditions / Location
As needed and required by the position
Physical Requirements / Demands
Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching.
Must practice safety at all times.
To apply for this position, please fill out and submit this form.