Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Duties
The Accounts Receivable Clerk focus is to ensure operational efficiency and company profitability by timely and accurately process payments from donors daily to their accounts. Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. Daily deposits and reconciliation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform cash and credit card reconciliations daily.
- Accounting for banking and ecommerce activity, including reconciling store/venue level deposits.
- Responsible for maintaining the accounts receivable aging for certain donors, receiving incoming customer payments, entering cash receipts and completing bank deposits.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as checks received and total accounts to ledgers and/or company spreadsheets.
- Review, research, resolve, and respond to questions and discrepancies.
- Communicating with donors (verbally, via email, letter or fax) to reconcile customer accounts.
- Set up new accounts.
- Research reconciling items, prepare correspondence, and follow-up with operations personnel on inquiries or unexplained variances.
- Assist with month-end close and will be required to prepare various excel reports.
- Accounting and clerical duties such as filing, making collections phone calls and sending out past due correspondence.
- Prepare analysis and/or other administrative reports, review outstanding items and exceptions.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Working Conditions / Location
As needed and required by the position up to 35 hours weekly.
Non–exempt / hourly
Physical Requirements / Demands
Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching.
Education / Experience / Specialized Training
Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience and education. 1 – 5 years’ cash, accounts receivable, credit cards and reconciliation experience banking. Strong problem-solving abilities, mathematical knowledge, and reasoning skills. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to formulate solutions and resolve issues timely. Detail-oriented, reliable, motivated, self-starter, with the ability to handle multiple tasks. Intermediate or higher Excel proficiency desired. Ability to work in a team environment, as well as work independently.
To apply for this position, please fill out and submit this form.