Sr. Manager of Youth Services
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Duties
The Valley of the Sun Jewish Community Center is seeking Club J bus drivers/trolley drivers. Club J is the after-school program for grades K-5. The program has 200+ kids annually. The ideal candidate will need to be highly organized, prompt, reliable, and timely. The position requires energy, attention to detail, creativity, professionalism and willingness to work with a group of people towards the common goal of creating an outstanding after-school program. The safety of the children is the number one priority. Driver must be able to keep their group safe at all times and provide a fun, nurturing setting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Meeting the physical, social and emotional needs of the children
- Direct supervision of the children while transporting them to and from their activities
- Direct supervision of the children while transporting them to and from their school
- Ability to positively manage the group
- Flexible and able to adapt to different activity changes with short notice
- Follow instructions and guidelines of the Club J program
- Responsible for check in/out procedure of child participants
- Adhere to Club J policies and procedures
- Keep track of where every child is at all times
- Pass background check with positive results
- Have a license and clean driving record
- TB Test required
- Fingerprint Clearance Card required-we can process
- CPR-we can process through training
- Professional behavior
- Positive attitude
- Ability to manage groups of children
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Reliable/excellent attendance
Working Conditions / Location
As needed and required by the position.
Physical Requirements / Demands
Sitting, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching.
Education / Specialized Training
Valid driver’s license, CPR & First Aid.
Experience & Skills
- Prior experience working with children ages 5 – 12
- Experience driving a 15 passenger van or bus; preferred
Must practice and promote safety at all times.
To apply for this position, please fill out and submit this form.