Payment & Policies
- RISK FREE REGISTRATION – if camp is not held due to COVID-19, 100% of camp fees will be refunded for the weeks canceled.
- When signing up for camp(s) a $200 non-refundable deposit will be charged per child, which is applied toward the tuition fee for camp.
- An annual non-refundable $50 registration fee will be charged per child.
- After June 1, 2020 all camp balances are due in full at the time of registration.
- If your family has faced financial hardship due to COVID-19 (such as lost wages/ employment) a payment plan can be requested by emailing email@example.com with detailed explanation of finances as well as the proposed plan of payment to be paid in full by the camper’s last day of summer camp in which the child is signed up.
- There are no single-day or half-day options and, as such, no prorated pricing.
- MEMBER PRICING – To receive member pricing your family membership must be active by May 26th and remain unchanged for six months
- GUESTS – You do not have to be a member for your child to participate in Shemesh Camp, however, the member discount will not apply.
- No refunds will be issued after May 26, 2020
- Families with an immediate family member in their home who is diagnosed with COVID-19 will be eligible for a refund if they are able to produce a doctor’s note stating they are required to be quarantined.
There is an additional $50 late registration fee for campers who are registered for a new camp week after Thursday of the previous week, and a $25 late fee for AM and PM Extended Care.
- Registrations will not be processed if there are any outstanding program balances or membership fees from any J programs
- Campers will not be able to attend if emergency contact information and/or immunization records are not up to date
- All camp paperwork is required PRIOR to the camper’s first day of Shemesh Camp
- The camp administration team reserves the right to place your camper in a group they deem appropriate
- The Camp Director reserves the right to withdraw campers who have been deemed unable to maintain a safe relationship and environment, for the well-being of all campers and staff
- Campers not picked up by 4:05pm will automatically be rolled into Extended PM Care at the single-day fee of $15 (members) or $18 (guests) plus the additional $25 late fee
- Campers not picked by closing hours of PM extended care (Monday-Thursday 6pm and Friday 5pm) will be charge an additional $2 per minute per child
Should your camper need to take medication during the camp day, we will administer as directed.
The following items are essential for us to dispense any medication:
- The medication MUST be checked in at drop-off
- Please do not leave the medication with your camper, including over-the-counter medication, epi-pens, inhalers, creams, eye drops, etc.
- Medication must be in its original container with labeled prescription instructions prescribed by a physician
- A completed Medication Administration form must be signed and submitted
Financial Assistance and payment plans are available for those who qualify. For more information, please contact Susan Ference at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480.481.1799. The Financial Assistance application deadline is May 15th. Apply as soon as possible as funds are limited and based on a first-come, first-served basis. The maximum award is up to 50%. To be considered, applicants must first complete the Shemesh Camp registration process which includes a $50 annual registration fee and $200 deposit toward camp fees. A deliberation on award amounts will be made prior to May 15th when all camp fees are due. This allows families the time needed to pay the remaining balance or request a payment plan to be paid in full by the camper’s last day of summer camp in which the child is signed up. Please note: families applying for financial assistance will be asked to provide three months of credit cards/bank statements and the previous year’s income tax filing when submitting their FA packet.
Shemesh Summer Camp at The J
12701 N. Scottsdale Rd., Suite 201
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Need care for your camper before or after camp? We’ve got you covered!
AM Extended Care 7:30am-9am and PM Extended Care 4-6pm (5pm Friday).
1 Day AM OR PM: $15
Weekly AM OR PM: $66
Weekly AM AND PM: $121
1 Day AM OR PM: $18
Weekly AM OR PM: $73
Weekly AM AND PM: $142
If your child has physical, developmental or behavioral disabilities/challenges and/or is on an IEP or 504 plan at school, we must be made aware PRIOR to enrollment, per AZDHS R9-5-507. The camp administration team must be provided a copy of an existing individualized plan for the potential enrolled child to discuss possible accommodations. In addition, a Special Considerations form will need to be completed. Please contact us at least two weeks prior to the requested child’s start date at email@example.com or Interim Camp Director, Kim Subrin, firstname.lastname@example.org.